Sunday, March 28, 2010

Patriots Day Out




A Patriots Day Out
My wife and I traveled to Deleware State Park to meet some folks we are in contact with on some Patriot boards this Saturday. We met at the State Park shooting range to chat and most importantly shoot. We all met up, chatted for a bit then decided to shoot at some clay pigeons since both the handgun and rifle ranges were jammed packed full. I borrowed a deluxe mechanical clay thrower from a buddy so we would have an easier time of getting those evil orange birds up in the air. I hadn't fired my 12 ga. shotgun since I installed a new recoil absorbing pistol grip stock and I must say that thing really does reduce the felt recoil. I was also concerned about the accuracy being affected because some say the pistol grip does not afford the quick handling necessary for shooting clays. I found this to be no problem what so ever, once I quit "leading" those evil little bastards I did not miss. Us guys shot up a couple of boxes of shells each and decided to pack the shotties away to try to get on the handgun range since the ladies really, really wanted to shoot too. Don't ask why they didn't want to shoot the shotguns.... ; )
We got on the handgun range after BSing with the ODNR range safety officer for a bit and found it to be adequate but VERY muddy. Undeterred, we placed our targets and proceeded to have large fun watching the mud splatter behind our targets. We shot around 100 rounds each, helped out one gal solve her pistol jamming issue, she was "weak wristing" it, and chatted until the range closed. We all had a very good time and look forward to doing again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment