Sunday, March 14, 2010

Whew! We needed that! Gun Powder Therapy

I decided to take a break from my political ramblings and write about a great Sunday afternoon my wife and I had.

What an awesome afternoon we had! My wife and I decided to go to our favorite firearms range near our home. We have both gotten new pistols for carrying concealed and had yet had the time to fire them to test them out. All I can say is WOW! My Glock 30 in 45 ACP, sub compact, is an incredible shooter. I have been hearing in various places that that sub compact size makes the larger 45 ACP round tough to manage from a recoil stand point in such a small weapon. All I can say to those that think the 45 ACP has too much recoil, especially in a sub compact weapon, you must be pussies. My wife shot the 45 without any problems, she wasn't terribly accurate with it but she held her rounds in the kill zone. My shots with the 45 were another story. The light recoil and good (standard Glock) sights helped me to keep 90% of my shots in the 8 and 9 rings with most targets returning to the firing line with the bulleyes shot out of them. This accuracy came from at the closest 7 yards, standard average defensive hand gun range to 25 yards. I am very pleased with the Glock 30 as my defensive carry weapon.My wife got a Ruger SR9, 9mm, for her concealed carry license. The SR9 is almost a full size weapon. We figured since she always carries her purse, and purse carrying is legal, she didn't need to have to worry about possible recoil issues that can crop up for women from using smaller handguns. To say she is happy with her Ruger is an understatement. Her accuracy was not as good as it used to be with her full sized 357 magnum, but #1) she kept all of her shots in the kill zone on all of her targets and #2) Her accuracy improved with every magazine fired as she got used to the 3 dot sights. She really loves having 17 rounds available for her defense per magazine, I pity the fool that would try to rob her.She also shot her 357 magnum and I also shot my 44 magnum to try to stay fairly accurate with both of these weapons as well. We haven't been shooting much lately because ammo has been pretty scarce around here and the prices have been ridiculously high. Rumors abound on the internet about chairman maobama coming after the Second Amendment, and I believe he will in time so it's best to always replace what you shoot and don't waste alot of ammo. Use what you need to stay accurate. The days of shooting for fun and therapy are over for the foreseeable future and maybe forever if the criminals on capital hill have their way with us.So I have to say that it was an awesome afternoon spent with my wife and gun powder. There is just something about a beautiful woman using a firearm that really does it for me! We both needed the therapy session to blow off some steam that has been building up these past months.

No comments:

Post a Comment